We are pleased to announce that the online course “ePROTECT respiratory occupational health and safety” is now available on OpenWHO. You can access the course through the following link: https://openwho.org/courses/eprotect-acute-respiratory-infections
All personnel responding to outbreaks of Acute Respiratory Infections (ARIs) need to have the basic knowledge and skills to mount an effective response. They need to understand what ARIs are, how they are transmitted, how to assess the risk of infection and the basic hygiene measures to protect themselves.
This course provides a general introduction to Acute Respiratory Infections (ARIs) and basic hygiene measures to protect against infection.
By the end of this course, participants should understand:
- the basic principles of acute respiratory infections;
- how to assess the risk of infection; and
- basic hygiene measures to protect against infection.
There are 4 modules, as follows:
- Module 1: Acute Respiratory Infections (ARIs) of public health concern - Introduction
- Module 2: How to protect yourself against Acute Respiratory Infections (ARIs)
- Module 3: Basic hygiene measures
- Module 4: Wearing a medical mask
The course will take approximately 2 hours to finish. There is no certificate available at this time.
Hoping to count you among the participants, the OpenWHO team wishes you a successful training!