We are pleased to announce the online course “Competency-Based Learning: Introduction” is now available on OpenWHO. You can access the course through the following link: https://openwho.org/courses/intro-competency.
World Health Organization (WHO) staff need ongoing learning to equip themselves to deal with modern emergencies. This short course provides an introduction to the WHO Health Emergencies Programme’s learning strategy, the competency-based approach that underlies it and how it can be used to design and deliver training.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- State the strategy that guides learning and training within WHE;
- List the three main learning pathways in the WHE learning strategy;
- Describe what a competency is and its three main components;
- List the two main groups of competencies in the WHE competency framework;
- Describe the 6 core competencies in the WHE competency framework;
- List at least one behavioural indicator for each of the core competencies; and
- Describe an approach that can be used to integrate the competency framework into learning.
There are two modules, as follows:
- Module 1: An introduction to the WHE learning strategy
- Module 2: Core competencies and how to use the framework
The course will take approximately 1.5 hours to finish.
Hoping to count you among the participants, the OpenWHO team wishes you a successful training!