This course is an introduction to simulation exercises and their value as part of wider emergency preparedness to raise awareness among a non-technical audience. The goal of this course is to support the development and management of an effective fit-for-purpose exercise programme, by providing consistent practical guidance and tools on exercise design and implementation.
La version française de ce cours est disponible sur: https://openwho.org/courses/simex-fr.
Overview: This is an introductory course on simulation exercises and their value as part of wider emergency preparedness to raise awareness among a non-technical audience. By taking this course, participants will be knowledgeable about the different types of simulation exercises and the tools available for emergency preparedness.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- list the benefits of Simulation Exercise Management Training for public health;
- state the exercise definition and principles;
- describe the different exercise phases (planning, conduct and post-service); and
- explain how to select the appropriate exercise.
The course content is divided into 3 modules:
- Introduction to Simulation Exercise Management (what, why, how and when)
- Project management of simulation exercises
- Tools available
Course duration: The course will take approximately 1 hour to complete.
Certificate: A record of achievement will be provided to participants who score 80% or higher on each assessment.
Module 1: Introduction to Simulation Exercises: This module explains what simulation exercises are, why they are used for emergency preparedness and the 4 exercise types that are adapted to manage simulation exercises.
Module 2: Project Management: This module provides an overview of project management but also helps participants understand WHO's capacities in responding to emergencies through Simulation Exercise Management.
Module 3: WHO Resources & Tools: This module provides learners with various WHO resources about Simulation Exercise Management and the best practices for implementing them.
Enroll me for this course
The course is free. Just register for an account on OpenWHO and take the course!Enroll me now
- Gain a record of achievement by earning more than 80% of the maximum number of points from all graded assignments.