ePROTECT is an occupational health and safety briefing that covers the basic information you need to protect yourself when deploying to countries with Ebola disease. Those of you who will carry out specialized tasks, such as working in direct contact with sick people, will need more advanced-level training and coaching.
***Please note**: These materials were developed in response to the 2018 Ebola outbreak in the Equateur Province of the Democratic Republic of the Congo and are currently under revision. For the latest updates on Ebola disease, refer to the WHO website: https://www.who.int/health-topics/ebola*
Informações do curso
La version française de ce cours est disponible sur : https://openwho.org/courses/e-protect-fr
Overview: All personnel responding to Ebola outbreaks are expected to complete this short health and safety training. It will help you to protect yourself and your team members, and prevent further spread of Ebola.
Learning objectives: By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- describe the signs, symptoms and transmission of Ebola disease and list preventive and control measures;
- use appropriate infection prevention and control precautions to protect yourself against Ebola disease and remain healthy during your mission;
- protect your health before, during and after deployment;
- describe the procedure to follow in case of sickness (related to Ebola disease or not) or/and accidental exposure to Ebola disease, and list the principles of medical evacuation and follow-up care; and
- recognize and manage stress.
Course duration: Approximately 90 to 120 minutes.
Certificates: A certificate will be issued to those who score 80% or higher on the final assessment.
Conteúdo do curso
ePROTECT: This module introduces the course content and contains a final assessment.
Inscrever-me neste curso
O curso é gratuito. Basta se registrar para uma conta em OpenWHO e fazer o curso!Inscrever-me agora
Requisitos de certificado
- Ganhe um registro de conquista ao ganhar mais de 80% do número máximo de pontos de todas as tarefas com nota.