This introductory level course provides a general overview of the National Action Planning for Health Security (NAPHS) process and methodology. This includes the critical steps necessary to support the development, implementation & monitoring of 5-year strategic NAPHS as well as 12/24 month operational NAPHS. The target audience for this course is personnel responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of NAPHS.
Pandemic fund proposals
Overview: To strengthen country capacity for Health Emergency Preparedness, Response and Resilience (HEPR), Member States need to develop, implement and monitor National Action Plans for Health Security (NAPHS).
This course is an introduction that illustrates the new integrated NAPHS process and defines the benefits, methodology and process for countries to develop and use NAPHS.
Course duration: Approximately 2 hours.
Certificates: A Certificate of Achievement will be available to participants who score at least 80% of the total points available in the final assessment. Participants who receive a Record of Achievement can also download an Open Badge for this course. Click here to learn how.
What you'll learn
- Explain the benefits of NAPHS and define the difference between the 5-year strategic plan and 12–24 months operational plans.
- Describe the main phases and key steps required to develop, implement and monitor NAPHS.
- Describe basic programme management concepts relevant to NAPHS.
- List the different roles & responsibilities of the NAPHS multi-sectoral teams, including the high-level political group and technical teams.
- Define how the NAPHS can be used in resource mobilization efforts, including technical & financial needs.
Who this course is for
- Personnel responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of National Action Plan for Health Security. This includes: National planning teams (technical teams) National multi-sectoral management (strategic) WHO staff technical partners. In addition, this course is open for: academia and scholars, and the general public.
Module 1: NAPHS introduction and benefits: This module provides a general background and benefits of the NAPHS, including the difference between the 5-year strategic plans and 12-24 months operational plans.
Module 2: NAPHS Multi-sectoral planning team & programme management: This module presents basic programme management concepts and the key role and responsibilities of the NAPHS multi-sectoral planning team, including the high-level political level and technical teams involved in the NAPHS process.
Module 3: Overview of the integrated NAPHS development process : This module provides a descriptive overview of the methodology and process to create NAPHS. This includes the 4 main phases: 1) assessment, 2) development, 3) mobilization, and 4) implementation & monitoring.
Enroll me for this course
The course is free. Just register for an account on OpenWHO and take the course!Enroll me now
- Gain a Record of Achievement by earning at least 80% of the maximum number of points from all graded assignments.